UPDATE: The Town Council has scheduled a vote for the new Zoning Ordinance for the regular October 7, 2019 meeting.
1. Cover Sheet
2. Table of Contents
3. Article I Preamble Purpose Authority and Short Titles
4. Article II Jurisdiction and Incorporation of Zoning Map
5. Article III Legal Provisions and Exceptions
6. Article IV Administration
7. Article V Zoning Permit Process
8. Article VI Appeals, Variance, Conditional Use, Temporary Use Process
9. Article VII Compliance, Violations, Liability, and Penalties
10. Article VIII Definitions
11. Article IX Application of Regulations
12. Article X Establishment of Zoning Districts
13. Article XI Schedule of District Regulations
14. Article XII Table of Permitted and Conditional Uses
15. Article XIII Off-Street Parking and Loading
16. Article XIV Signs
17. Article XV Landscaping Screening and Tree Protection
18. Article XVI Non-Conforming Situations
19. Article XVII Amendment Procedure
20. Appendix A
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING: ZONING ORDINANCE
The Town of Stanley Planning Board will hold a public hearing at Stanley Middle School, 317 Hovis Road, on the 27th of August 2019 at 6:00 pm for the following purposes:
To receive comments and consider adoption of the substantially revised Town of Stanley Zoning Ordinance. The Zoning Ordinance is the Town’s regulatory document for the physical development (establishment of zoning districts and permitted uses, regulations for each district, parking and landscaping requirements, etc.) of our community. Copies of the current and proposed zoning ordinance and a handout listing the main differences between the two documents can be viewed at townofstanley.org.
Additional information regarding potential changes to the Zoning Ordinance are available in their entirety for public viewing during normal business hours at Town Hall. All interested persons are invited to attend the public hearing and express their views. Please call 704-263-4779 or email email@example.com if you have any questions. Hearing impaired persons desiring additional information or having questions regarding this subject shall call the North Carolina Relay Number for the Deaf (1-800-735-8262).
The Town Council will also hold a public hearing regarding the proposed ordinance on September 9, 2019 at Stanley Middle School, 317 Hovis Rd at 6:00 pm.